Friday, February 3, 2012

{my week in food}

in addition to a decorating kick,
i've also been on a cooking one.
this week, i was all about trying new things.
i made bread from scratch for the first time, as well as dumplings.
the former i will definitely be making lots more of;
the latter, while i enjoyed them, the process was not quite worth it for me.


SUNDAY // buttermilk roast chicken, garlic cheesy bread
& arugula with light ranch dressing


MONDAY // green enchiladas -- i am obsessed with these.
i used leftover chicken from sunday & made my own tomatillo salsa.
the roasted garlic takes it up a notch (the heavy cream doesn't hurt either).

WEDNESDAY // spinach & ricotta dumplings 
with shrimp & mushrooms in cream reduction
note :: i used cremini mushrooms & 1 cup more flour in the batter than the recipe calls for.
the measurements in the recipe are in the metric system. let me help you out with that ::
           
            500 g ricotta = just over 1 lb
            75 g butter = 6 tbl.. but i probably only used around 3 or 4.

this dumpling recipe made 30+ medium-size dumplings!!
i'd probably cut it in half next time; we still have lots left.

do you have any favorite bread recipes? i'd love for you to share them with me :)
the one i made this weekend was a baguette of sorts,
perfect paired with dinner, but i'd love to try a sandwich bread,
preferably of the whole-grain variety.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

8 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Holy night you eat well! This is restaurant quality stuff!

The only bread recipe I use is Betty Crocker. Can't beat the Betty.

Jaclyn said...

just found your blog, great recipes!

Beth @ dot...in the city said...

yum! when can I come over?! ;-) Is that the buttermilk chicken from Smitten Kitchen?
This is the bread recipe I've used. I usually half it, but I've also substituted 2 c whole wheat flour and it turned out well. I want to buy their book! http://theitaliandishblog.com/imported-20090913150324/2010/2/26/amazing-artisan-bread-for-40-cents-a-loaf-no-kneading-no-fus.html

Sarah-Anne said...

whoa, you eat gourmet! <3

Anna Elder said...

I've seen all of these on instagram and drooled over all of them. you're such a good cook! You need to share your favorite recipes! :)

becca said...

good gracious, what deliciousness.

can you tell me what you do with those tomatillos? what are they like? so intruiging! I never know what to do with them.

Sandy a la Mode said...

the food in this post looks amazing!! drooling here!!

METROX LOVES YOU the blog. said...

You have one amazing blog! We're really enjoy reading each of your post! Just can't stop scrolling down. We're following you for sure!! If you have free time, do come visit our new blog we're just recreated. ;)

Love,
MLU the blog.