Thursday, July 7, 2011

{pretty packages}

i've gotten some really pretty things in the mail within the past week.
it was so nice to have a change-up from the typical stack of bills & credit card offers!!
seriously, we get a couple of those every.single.day. such a waste of paper!!

pretty package & turban headband.

tree & kimball necklace.

first pretty :: a turban headband from kim of oh, sweet joy.
it is such a pretty olive color, so soft & just perfect for covering up my
haven't-washed-it-in-a-couple-of-days hair.

second pretty :: a gorgeous lace necklace from tree & kimball
(who i spotted today in the latest issue of Lucky magazine!)
i believe this and my rosette earrings from allora handmade are the only jewelry pieces
i've purchased since i started making jewelry of my own.
and i'm so glad i did - it is stunning!!
i've got to say that i really wish i had come up with this idea before they did.
all of their pieces are so perfect & so my style.

new pillow by olive handmade.

lastly, came this awesome pillow from olive handmade.
it's just what i needed to freshen up our red corduroy ikea couch that i have
gotten so bored with as of late.

both the pillow & necklace were part of recent good cheer deals on oh, hello friend.
i'm actually going to be offering a deal on danni's gorgeous blog next month! :D
i'll let you all know once it's up.

the delighted feeling that came with receiving these pretties in the mail reminded
me that i need to do a better job of sending love to my dearies who live far away.
do you send letters/care packages to your far-away friends & family?

11 comments:

Abby (Diligent Joy) said...

Pretty packages are SO much better than bills.

Mandy England said...

I LOVE pretty packages! That lace necklace looks gorgeous... I'll have to check out her shop! :)

ilene @ muchloveilly said...

i love packages - and i'm loving these!! i got an ohsweetjoy turban last week too - yay!!

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that necklace is beautiful! And I just sent my mom a package today. Hope you're doing well!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Goodness! That pillow is adorable! I had no clue you were on Good Cheers. I love Danni!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

I love getting pretty packages! And that necklace is just lovely. :)

Nicole @ Sew Much Sunshine said...

Love that turband! :) Getting packages is soooo lovely.

Jello♥ said...

i looove getting these type of cute buddles in my mail box. it totally makes my day!

Jello


www.jelloskitchen.blogspot.com

fernandflora said...

What fun! Getting goodies in the mail is THE BEST. And what lovely goodies you found indeed.

Have a happy weekend Meg!

lacey said...

i love writing little cards of encouragement. i just mailed the girls in my small group individual cards. it was so fun! and who doesn't love getting snail mail themselves? nobody that's who.

becca said...

you're right, those are SO pretty.

let's see you wearing the turban and the necklace! I want to get the full effect :)