Wednesday, July 31, 2013

oh, hi.

wow, i don't know if i've ever gone this long without blogging! wanted to let you all know i am still alive and well. finding it hard to keep up with the blog world while i prepare for this enormous transition that is just around the corner. but i definitely miss it and feel very much out of the loop. come tomorrow, august 1st, it will be moving month {we leave august 24th}. i had to pause for a moment after typing that and stare blankly at my screen. you guys, it still doesn't seem real and i guess it just won't until we're there. i have lived here {in the mitten state} for nearly my entire life, and i am moving 2,400 miles away. i just can't wrap my head around it. but i will say that, though the moments of overwhelming sadness/shock/i feel like balling my eyes out are starting to hit, overall i am still feeling really excited for this new chapter. there is SO much to look forward to.

thought i'd share a few of my favorite instagrams of life since you last heard from me. it has been rather full. we have had a 4-day yard sale in the hot, hot heat and moved out of our house & into my parents. we've traveled to the Denver area for my friend's wedding {for which i was a bridesmaid & joel played music} & then to Manitou Springs for some majestic sight-seeing at Garden of the Gods & Pike's Peak. i finally figured out my work situation for after the move. we visited my sister & brother-in-law (and their new pup) across the state and spent a weekend up north with my in-laws. we sent out a bajillion emails to prospective rentals in Portland, filled out multiple applications, paid multiple fees, stressed the freak out, and THANK THE LORD, secured a place to live (woot woot - more on that later). with LOTS of time spent with family and friends in between, some good memories for sure. there has not been a dull moment during these last days in Michigan. hopefully the rest will be just as sweet.








8 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!!! You're going to have a great time, even though the distance will be hard. That top photo is stunning!!!

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

i was just THINKING about you! I know this is all so crazy and I'll be praying for the transition and that God will meet you in that flannel-wearing, coffee-chuggin' city just south of me. <3

Tiffany Kadani said...

Sigh. Your photography always makes me swoon. Glad you're well.

Beth @ The Goad Abode said...

You were in my neck of the woods! How did I miss that on IG?! I'm so glad you loved Colorado and got to spend some time outside there :) Isn't it amazing?! (

I am so excited for your move! I'll be praying for you both as you settle into so many new things. Just try to take it one step at a time :)

Eloise and things said...

You have been oh so busy!! i love fresh starts! moving will be great.

x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

Eloise and things said...

You have been oh so busy!! i love fresh starts! moving will be great.

x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

Faith said...

It's finally here- so crazy! I've been thinking of you & wondered how things are going. Enjoy your time with family!

Veronika Novotny said...

These insta photos are just stunning and I especially love the lighthouse one! So incredibly pretty!! Enjoy your travels and family time!

xo
By The Shore