Tuesday, June 18, 2013

stuff.

wow, have i been a terrible blogger lately. my mind has been going all sort of directions and apparently keeping up this blog has not been one of them. this season has been going so fast... we have just over two months before we make the big cross-country move. doesn't seem possible. in the meantime we have much going on (and much to plan & figure out, including a place to live in portland). in the last few weeks, we've helped my sister & brother-in-law move, traveled to Asheville for our anniversary (more on that soon), had a grad party for Joel, drove to the U.P (Escanaba to be exact) for a college friend's wedding, on top of trying to start packing, starting to inquire about rentals online, trying to sort out work transition stuff, etc etc. let's just say there's a lot to figure out yet. oh yea, and there was that time that joel helped open up for Eddie Money at DTE.

strangely, i am staying very calm lately, despite the garage sale coming up in 2 days that we are not all that prepared for and the move into my parents' house next weekend that we are definitely not prepared for. it'll all get done, somehow. and once it's done, we will be off to Denver for my dear friend's wedding and then to some very exciting, long-awaited travel plans (in celebration of Joel finishing his PhD). 

photos from our trip to the beauuutiful oasis that is the U.P. this weekend. we will miss it dearly. 

this my friends, is shaping up to me the most eventful, epic summer of my life. in mostly good ways but also chaotic ways. and eventually heart-wrenching ways. i got a tiny glimpse of the flood of emotions to come last night when we were watching real world portland (did i just admit that publicly) and the roommates were all saying their goodbyes in typical dramatic fashion to people they had known for what, 3 months? i was painstakingly reminded of the fact that i will be saying goodbye to friends i have know, oh just 10, 15 years and oh yea, the most important people in my life (second to Joel), my family. ok that's enough of that. i'll check in soon with more happy thoughts, on Asheeville. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Just remember that this isn't supposed to be easy- it IS exciting, but it's really hard to say goodbye. I'm excited for you & all of the adventures you're going to have!!

Gingiber said...

I am really excited for you guys! Portland will be amazing :)

Kelly said...

What an exciting time for you guys! That's so cool that Joel opened for Eddie Money! Darryl played at a party for him two summers ago...what a funny coincidence! He said he was a nice guy.

Tiffany Kadani said...

You are definitely handling everything better than I did. I only request you keep those IG photos coming (you know, if you have time, no pressure.) Cause you are such a fab photographer.

nikki said...

My good friend is from Portland and is there now for her husbands law externship.. if you need some living suggestions, I'm sure she could help.. she loves talking about PDX!!

-Nikki

Linnea Wheeler said...

Oh my. Your life sounds like ours this last April through May. Except our move was ten minutes away, not cross-country! I get you on the garage sale--that was one of the most stressful preps of my life, but the actual sale was tons of fun! I will be praying it goes well for you, and that the move next weekend goes smoothly. So nice that you have fun little trips scattered throughout the chaos! We're so excited for you guys!

{kara} said...

Ohh coming to Denver? Amongst all those other things? Email me at hello@kararosenberry.com and I will give you some great tips on where you should eat and shop.

Good luck with everything!

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

what a grand (but scary!) adventure!
I know that I would be just as overwhelmed and anxious but I'm praying that you can find time in the busy moments to enjoy the last bit of time you have with family and friends. I'll be praying for your transition over to the west coast.

Laura said...

Good luck with your big move! Also, I'm from Denver... feel free to contact me if you need any advice about the local scene there. I bet you're going to love Portland. xoxo