Tuesday, April 13, 2010

{a springtime banner}


this weekend, i finished up my second crochet project.
the first was a winter hat. it has a bow on it :)

inspired by this banner from the lovely lady who taught me to crochet,


and this one from the inspiring miss dottie angel,
 

i made this banner to place above the TV in our family room.
the white wall needed a little splash of color & i think this does just the trick.

what spring projects are you working on? i'd love to hear about them :)

10 comments:

heather said...

super cute! i only wish i had time to do fun projects like this! that's what summer is for. :)

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Oh, I love it!! Nice job, lady. :)

xoox,
-maria

Lindsey said...

aww it's adorable!!! love it megan!!

rachel said...

what a great take on a flag banner! i am so glad to know about this, maybe i will make one too! you did a great job! and it does add something nice to the white walls.

Blair McLeod said...

so cute. love the little lace on the red.

what a great way to add color!

E said...

I love the little doily addition to yours!

Right now I am working on a summer dress, drafting a vintage "tweens" pattern into something my butt can fit into :)

Gussy Sews said...

ehhhh, Gussy wants a matching banner :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I love it! I've always wanted to learn how to crochet.

tinypaperheart said...

wow, i love what you made! the colors are so perfect. :)

jozen said...

i was in a granny square swap! i sent off 20 granny squares and I will get 20 back! it was a lot of fun!