Wednesday, April 17, 2013

an invitation.



































I read a really beautiful passage from Bob Goff's Love Does last night that stirred my heart immensely and I don't want it to leave my mind.


"I get the invitation every morning when I wake up to actually live a life of complete engagement, a life of whimsy, a life where love does. It doesn’t come in an envelope. It’s ushered in by a sunrise, the sound of a bird, or the smell of coffee drifting lazily from the kitchen. It’s the invitation to actually live, to fully participate in this amazing life for one more day. Nobody turns down an invitation the White House, but I've seen plenty of people turn down an invitation to fully live..."


I don't want to be one of those people that rejects this amazing invitation. Especially when we just never know when our time here could end.

Thinking about and praying for all of those affected by the Boston bombings, have had a hard time posting this week. Hope you and your loved ones are safe.

7 comments:

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

i need need need to read this book! it's on my list. :)

Tiffany Kadani said...

So amazingly true.

You, my dear, are always inspiring. Always.

Anonymous said...

Love this! Need the reminder regularly, though not so much in tragic ways.

Unknown said...

love this. opens my eyes to the world and to not be afraid of everything! take chance & make mistakes!
:-)
http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

What a moving quote and a poignant reminder of the way to live each moment. With presence. Not easy to do, and yet so so simple.

www.nowherelife.com

Brooke said...

awesome. simply awesome. thanks for the encouragement. So glad you posted this. xo

Hena Tayeb said...

I love that sentiment..